If you are interested in taking Dual Credit classes through Del Mar over the summer or next school year, the paperwork is here! You must take the TSI and make sure that you have an updated meningitis shot. Come see Mrs. Gasiorowski in the counselor’s office for the necessary paperwork. It is all due by March 6!
Take a look at next year's course catalog for descriptions of classes you may be interested in taking next year. Click below:
Click here to see the Pre-Registraion video to help you make your choices for classes next year-
Click here to see how kindness can help you and others around you-
Need a TSIA for college courses? It is required!
1. The TSIA or Texas Success Initiative Assessment is now being offered on Ray Campus monthly. The test dates for 2018-2019 are: October 25, November 29, December 13, January 24, February 28, March 28, and April 25. The test starts @ 9:00 a.m. in 300L and the student will be excused for testing.The test is untimed. Students purchase the TSIA on the Texan Webstore ( www.Ray.ccisd.us under the tab “Campus”) and it is $7 with a credit card, or free to free/reduced lunch students (based on parent income verification).
2. The TSIA is part of a program designed to help a college or university determine if you are ready to be placed in college-level course work in the general areas of reading, writing, or mathematics.
3. Although optional, the results of the test last for 5 years. At any time if you are seeking a dual credit class or needing it your senior year for college entrance, you will have already tested. If you do not pass, you have the option to study and retest at your convenience. Students may also test at the Del Mar College Evaluation Center (http://delmar.edu/tsi)
4. You must complete a Pre-Assessment Activity in order to test. Please see instructions below. Or you may visit Mrs. Hartnett, the Career Counselor, to complete the pre-assessment activity in her office.
5. Students must have a photo ID to test.
6. If you have any further questions, please see Mrs. Hartnett in the Career Center (room 132) or call 878-7300 x 21560 or Lynn.Hartnett@ccisd.us
Pre-Assessment Activity Instructions for Students
BEFORE YOU START, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!
1. Go to http://www.delmar.edu/tsi
2. Go to: “ Click here to begin your Pre-Assessment Activity” at the bottom of the page.
3. Click on the Step 1,2,3 or retake link when you are done with each Pre-Assessment Quiz (Math/Reading/Writing)
4. Click submit when you have completed all three quizzes.
5. Fill out the VERIFICATION FORM
6. An E-mail will be sent to the address provided for the verification form.
7. Print out the verification form.