Need a TSIA for college or dual credit? We give a test once a month. Upcoming dates are: Jan 24, Feb 28, March 28 and April 25. The exam costs $7 or is free to income eligible students. Purchase your TSIA on the Texan Webstore or you can test at Del Mar College ($30 or $10 for each section, 3 sections total) FMI:
Great information on college/military/SAT/ACT all in one place!
Need a TSIA for college courses? It is required!
1. The TSIA or Texas Success Initiative Assessment is now being offered on Ray Campus monthly. The test dates for 2018-2019 are: October 25, November 29, December 13, January 24, February 28, March 28, and April 25. The test starts @ 9:00 a.m. in 300L and the student will be excused for testing.The test is untimed. Students purchase the TSIA on the Texan Webstore ( www.Ray.ccisd.us under the tab “Campus”) and it is $7 with a credit card, or free to free/reduced lunch students (based on parent income verification).
2. The TSIA is part of a program designed to help a college or university determine if you are ready to be placed in college-level course work in the general areas of reading, writing, or mathematics.
3. Although optional, the results of the test last for 5 years. At any time if you are seeking a dual credit class or needing it your senior year for college entrance, you will have already tested. If you do not pass, you have the option to study and retest at your convenience. Students may also test at the Del Mar College Evaluation Center (http://delmar.edu/tsi)
4. You must complete a Pre-Assessment Activity in order to test. Please see instructions below. Or you may visit Mrs. Hartnett, the Career Counselor, to complete the pre-assessment activity in her office.
5. Students must have a photo ID to test.
6. If you have any further questions, please see Mrs. Hartnett in the Career Center (room 132) or call 878-7300 x 21560 or Lynn.Hartnett@ccisd.us
Pre-Assessment Activity Instructions for Students
BEFORE YOU START, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!
1. Go to http://www.delmar.edu/tsi
2. Go to: “ Click here to begin your Pre-Assessment Activity” at the bottom of the page.
3. Click on the Step 1,2,3 or retake link when you are done with each Pre-Assessment Quiz (Math/Reading/Writing)
4. Click submit when you have completed all three quizzes.
5. Fill out the VERIFICATION FORM
6. An E-mail will be sent to the address provided for the verification form.
7. Print out the verification form.
Check out: https://texasoncourse.org/
Seniors: Still need to purchase cap/gown? Go to www.Balfour.org and choose "W.B. Ray High School". Prices will increase monthly so don't wait!
Balfour and Goldbeck (panoramic photograher) will be on campus Thursday, October 18 starting at 9:15 am. Price sheet was sent to you through Remind texts.
Access Career Cruising at home! www.CareerCruising.com
To log in:
User Name: your home access user name but add @ccisd.us
Password: your school ID number
Watch this CCISD video for more info on course descriptions
(copy and paste to your browser) https://youtu.be/uR4Ma-l6k-Q
Want to see the CCISD course catalog? Click here for CCISD Course Catalog.
COLLEGE INFORMATION -College 101
Click here for presentation that was shown to all seniors.
FAFSA Information 2018-2019:
Click here for details about FAFSA
CBC Foundation opens December 15 | www.cbcfoundation.org
CHECK THESE SITES!
College for All Texans
Every Chance Every Texan
Coastal Bend Community Foundation
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Adventures in Education
College Week Live
Looking for college costs? College for All Texans
Looking for college phone numbers or info? College for All Texans